Websites for you to evaluate, moderate or abstain from drinking or using drugs:
- Alcohol: A Women’s Health Issue
Books for you to evaluate, moderate or abstain from drinking or using drugs:
- The Addiction Workbook: A Step-By-Step Guide to Quitting Alcohol and Drugs, by Patrick Fanning and John O'Neill
- Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th edition
- Controlling Your Drinking: Tools to Make Moderation Work for You, by William Miller and Ricardo Munoz
- The Heart of Addiction, by Lance Dodes
- "Over the Influence: The Harm Reduction Guide for Managing Drugs and Alcohol,” Pat Denning and Jeannie Little
Interactive Assessment Tools
Fee-based interactive assessment tools to get feedback about your drinking and/or drug use:
Self-help/Peer Support Groups
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Marijuana Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Northern California Crystal Meth Anonymous
Substance Use Treatment
- Henry Ohlhoff Recovery Programs, a residential and outpatient substance abuse treatment program in San Francisco.
- The Center for Harm Reduction Therapy, an out-patient therapy that address drug and/or alcohol use.
- Sequoia Center, a residential and outpatient substance abuse treatment program in Redwood City.