UCSF Student Health and Counseling provides an array of health services for all students. SHCS providers receive training related to LGBTQ health care needs. Our goal is to be a safe, inviting place for all students to receive care and we welcome the LGBTQ community.
We offer the following services recommended by the Gay & Lesbian Medical Association for LGBTQ patients:
- General medical care
- HPV vaccinations
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing
- HIV testing
- Nutrition consultation
- Hepatitis A & B vaccinations
- Anal pap smears
- Colon, testicular & prostate cancer screenings
- Cervical & breast cancer screenings
- Post-exposure prophylactic treatment
- Breast health exams
- Hormone therapy
We also offer these services for emotional support:
In addition, the UCSF LGBTQ Resource Center provides a variety of educational programs and support services for students.