Skip to main content
You are here
Staff & Faculty Trainings
Promoting Student Mental Health and Assisting Students in Distress
- SHCS conducts an annual presentation at both the Mission Bay and Parnassus campuses for faculty and staff.
- The presentation covers how help promote students’ mental health and to recognize and support students having difficulties. Invitations are sent via email to faculty and staff listserves.
- SHCS mental health staff present information, but there is also ample time for discussion and questions.
- Materials from the 2017 Faculty/Staff Assisting Students In Distress Meeting
- Dates for 2018 Faculty/Staff Assisting Students in Distress Meeting
- Monday, March 5, 2018, Parnassus, Room TBD
- Monday, March 12, 2018, Mission Bay, Room TBD
- Both events are scheduled from 12-1 p.m., and will include lunch.
Request a Training
- SCHS mental health clinicians will work with departments or groups who have specific concerns or needs related to student mental health to develop customized trainings that address a unique need or situation. Staff will also present more generally about Assisting Students in Distress for an identified cohort of faculty and/or staff.
- To inquire, contact your school or division’s SHCS Liaison.