Promoting Student Mental Health and Assisting Students in Distress
- SHCS conducts an annual presentation at both the Mission Bay and Parnassus campuses for faculty and staff.
- The presentation covers how to help promote students’ mental health and to recognize and support students having difficulties. Invitations are sent via email to faculty and staff listserves.
- SHCS mental health staff present information, but there is also ample time for discussion and questions.
- Dates for 2018 Faculty/Staff "Promoting Student Mental Health and Assisting Students in Distress" Meeting
- Monday, March 5, 2018, Parnassus, HSW 303
- Monday, March 12, 2018, Mission Bay, Rock Hall 102
- Both events are scheduled from 12-1 p.m. and will include lunch with RSVP.
- Materials from the 2017 Faculty/Staff Assisting Students In Distress Meeting
Request a Training
- SCHS mental health clinicians will work with departments or groups who have specific concerns or needs related to student mental health to develop customized trainings that address a unique need or situation. Staff will also present more generally about Assisting Students in Distress for an identified cohort of faculty and/or staff.
- To inquire, contact your school or division’s SHCS Liaison.