The mission of Student Health and Counseling Services is to optimize the physical and mental health of students in order to help them achieve academic success, personal development and lifelong wellness.
FREE sign up!
Use the Spruce mobile app to communicate with SHCS.
Secure communication - Easy sign on
SHCS is piloting this new technology – student feedback is critical!
Ways to use Spruce:
- Schedule a psychiatry appointment
- Ask to have a referral re-sent to a specialty clinic
- Check on a med refill request
- OUT of TOWN? Do a video visit with your provider!
Still Need Your Flu Shot?
Students with UCSF identification may visit Occupational Health’s drop-in clinics during normal hours of operation to receive a free flu shot. Clinic locations and hours of operation are posted on the Occupational Health website.
The drop-in clinics will be at various UCSF locations including: Parnassus, Mt. Zion, Mission Bay, Mission Center Building, Laurel Heights, China Basin, Executive Park, 3360 Geary, and Emeryville.
Uncertain Times: We Are Here For You
Many UCSF students, faculty and staff are experiencing significant distress in the current political climate. In particular, we are deeply concerned about federal executive orders to restrict travel and immigration.
If you have been personally struggling with the impact of the current political environment, or are worried about someone you care about, Student Health and Counseling Services is here to help support you.
Student Health and Counseling Services offers free and confidential support for students.
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor by calling 415-476-1281.
- For support outside of business hours when SHCS is closed, call 415-476-1281 and press option 7 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- If you are concerned about a student or a group of students, please call SHCS at 415-476-1281 to consult with a counselor.
- Multicultural Resource Center
- Undocumented Student Support Services
- UC Undocumented Legal Services Center
- LGBT Resource Center
- International Students and Scholars Office
- Student Life
- UC Undocumented Student Legal Services Post-Election FAQ’s
- UC Berkeley Undocumented Student Programs Post Election FAQ: Immigration and Post-Election Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What Educators Can Do to Support Undocumented Students