To learn about your insurance plan, see insurance.
Imposter Syndrome is a concept describing high-achieving individuals who are marked by an inability to internalize their accomplishments and a persistent fear of being exposed as a "fraud". This film highlights intellectual and other inadequacies high-achieving students commonly feel at some point in their academic careers. These feelings are especially common among graduate- and professional-school students.
Uncertain Times: We Are Here For You
Many UCSF students, faculty and staff are experiencing significant distress in the current political climate. In particular, we are deeply concerned about federal executive orders to restrict travel and immigration.
If you have been personally struggling with the impact of the current political environment, or are worried about someone you care about, Student Health and Counseling Services is here to help support you.
Student Health and Counseling Services offers free and confidential support for students.
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor by calling 415-476-1281.
- For support outside of business hours when SHCS is closed, call 415-476-1281 and press option 7 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- If you are concerned about a student or a group of students, please call SHCS at 415-476-1281 to consult with a counselor.
- Multicultural Resource Center
- Undocumented Student Support Services
- UC Undocumented Legal Services Center
- LGBT Resource Center
- International Students and Scholars Office
- Student Life
- UC Undocumented Student Legal Services Post-Election FAQ’s
- UC Berkeley Undocumented Student Programs Post Election FAQ: Immigration and Post-Election Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What Educators Can Do to Support Undocumented Students
Zika Virus Travel Alert
Below are links to the CA Department of Public Health information on the Zika virus and the CDC travel alerts:
CDC Zika Travel Info
Symptoms, Testing, & Treatment
Please schedule a visit with a provider or the Student Health Travel Nurse if you have questions.