The mission of Student Health and Counseling Services is to optimize the physical and mental health of students in order to help them achieve academic success, personal development and lifelong wellness.
Measles Health Advisory
In light of the recent measles cases in California and elsewhere, now is an excellent time for everyone, particularly those planning international travel, to make sure vaccinations are up-to-date.
Measles starts with fever, runny nose, cough, red eyes, and sore throat. It’s followed by a rash that spreads over the body. Measles is highly contagious and spreads through coughing and sneezing.
For all current professional students (Medical, Dental, Nursing, Pharmacy and Physical Therapy) and graduate students enrolled since Fall 2017:
- Go to MyHealthRecord to check the immunization summary we have on file for you.
- Your documentation has already been verified to confirm measles immunity per UC system-wide requirements.
For graduate students enrolled prior to Fall 2017:
- Get the MMR vaccine if you haven’t been vaccinated or if you don’t have written proof of vaccination.
MMR vaccination is available at Student Health. For students with UC SHIP, there is no cost. For students without UC SHIP, it is $123 per dose.
Some local pharmacies will administer the vaccine for students with private insurance plans or Medi-Cal. For those without insurance, MMR vaccine is available at low cost or no cost through the San Francisco Department of Public Health. Find vaccines here.
Students are advised to check the CDC Travel Notices before leaving on an international trip. Currently, there are measles outbreaks in Israel, Ukraine, Japan, Brazil and Philippines.
For updates on measles nationwide, check CDC Measles Cases and Outbreaks.
Do not come into the clinic. Call 415-476-8736 to speak to a Student Health Nurse if you think that you have measles or have been exposed to measles. They will need to take steps to prevent other patients and staff from being exposed before you come in.
Send a message to the Student Health Nurses via MyHealthRecord if you need travel advice or have any additional questions.
For More Information:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
California Department of Public Health
San Francisco Department of Public Health
Online Video Visit
Medical Care, Counseling, and Psychiatry
- Video-based visit with your choice of medical or mental health provider.
- Medical Concern: $25 copay for UC SHIP enrolled. $49 for students without SHIP.
- Counselor or Psychiatry: $15 coapy for UC SHIP. Variable for non-UC SHIP.
- Click here to connect to LiveHealth Online. Create an account and have your UC SHIP membership numbers (starts with XDP) ready to enter. You may also access LHO from your smartphone by searching for the LiveHealth Online Mobile app.
- Select a provider & schedule!
- Please be ready to enter SHCS’s email ([email protected]) when logging in to LHO so your clinical summary is forwarded to your chart for continuity of care.